Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spring Gymnastics Meet

When Anna was two, I started her in dance mostly because her friend Avery would be in the same class. Last year we decided to try gymnastics out. Anna had her final performance meet on May 19. She really liked her coaches and had a good time at her meet.
Getting on the beam 

Her ta-da after dismounting from the beam 

 the floor routine


 Anna was excited to see that Grandma and Grandpa and Lauren made it.

Anna dancing and holding her ribbon.

Even though the plan was to try only gymnastics this year, Anna kept asking to do dance again, so in February I signed her up at the studio next door. After her spring recital, I wanted to switch her to a studio that focused on ballet. I thought Anna really liked dance, but after trying out the ballet princess camp, she told me she didn't want to go anymore. Now we are trying out soccer. Maybe next year we'll go back to dance or gymnastics. We'll just have to see.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Anna looks like she's having fun! AWESOME!!! Tap or clogging is good for kids about her age too. It helps with balance, counting and learning to do steps to a beat.